Saturday, September 27, 2008

Progress

Well I’m a little behind in writing about my weight loss surgery journey. I went to Lourdes Weight Wellness Center in Paducah, KY on September 17th. My appointment was with Dr. Argotte. I liked him very much. They did several tests that day. They did an h pylori test (that is what causes many ulcers. They also did a BMI and an EKG and a resting metabolism test. He say I am a good candidate for the surgery, and that if I jump through their hoops, BCBS of IL should pay for it. I have to get a five-year history of being over weight for Dr P. and go on a 6-month dietitian/doctor supervised diet.

Wednesday, the 24th I went to SI Neurology & Sleep Medicine in Herrin, IL for a sleep study. They found I do have sleep apnea. I am waiting for a call back for the second round of testing. Thursday night the 25th I went to Paducah for the bariatric surgery seminar. Not much new there but it was a requirement.

My next appointment is in Paducah on Monday the 29th for a stress test and a pulmonary function test. The worst part is I have to be there at 6:30 am so will leave the house a 4:30. I shouldn’t take that long, but I want to give plenty of time since it will be dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miriam, Your faith in our Lord is strong and with the prayers from all who love you will give you strength to go forward.
You are brave and I know you are going to sail through this on the wings of your Angel's.
Be happy friend, your road to a new life is soon to meet you.
Thanks for sharing this time in your life with me.
Trisha

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, we are the same age and I thought we were approaching the too old age. I was all scared. I am really trying to do this now. I have been fat for the last 10 years exactly and getting heavier with each year. I hope we will beable to take this journey together. :)