Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Knowing God part 2

Chapter 2 Knowing God through nature

In chapter one (my last blog post) I talked about how Dad taught me to love the Creator by showing me His creation, the natural world. You can learn a lot about the Creator God by studying and observing nature.
The Bible tells us that this is so:


For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Romans 1:20 (New King James Version)


I learned that God loves me by observing the beauty in the world around me. God didn’t have to make our world beautiful but He did because He knew it would bring us pleasure. He filled our world with beautiful scenery, amazing animals, sweet smelling flowers and the songs of birds all for us to enjoy.


I learned that God care about my emotional well-being. He created animals that would love us unconditionally, we call them pets.


I learned that God cares about my needs and my wants. He could have created one kind of food, but he knew we like variety. He created a variety of climates and landscapes for us to enjoy. And along with all this He created all the raw materials we would need to fabricate all the modern convinces we so enjoy.


I learned that God has a sense of humor. After all he created the kangaroo, the duck-billed platypus and the proboscis monkey.


I learned that God is omniscient by observing how each part of His creation is interwoven to make the whole. Ogden Nash wrote,

God in His wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why.


As much as we might dislike insects and other things we consider pests, God assigned each an important role in keeping our planet healthy.


I learned that God is omnipotent by observing the powerful things of nature: hurricane, tornadoes, earthquakes and tsunamis. These demonstrate the great power under His control.

1 comment:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Wonderful message. Thanks for sharing. When we look around us, at the pretty flowers, the beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds, the sparkling stars and moon in the heavens, we know this just didn't happen by chance, the Lord blessed us by creating this wonderful, beautiful earth.

I hope you have a blessed day.